What you should bring …
Below we have made a list of all equipment proven suitable during a stay in the winter. You should not bring much more, since a dog's carrying capacity is not unlimited.
Before the tour starts, we will conduct a thorough check of the equipment to see that all necessary items are at hand, and, whether or not any excess stuff may be deposited at Innset. Your personal load will be packed in a large sack and placed on the sledge. Therefore, you do not need to bring wiith you a big rucksack. It may prove better to divide it into two or three smaller packages.
“Defrost liquids”, like rum for instance, are not prescribed by us, but have shown to be handy at night in the cabins or by the fireplace.
- Sleeping bag that can resist minus 30° C – or a regular sleeping bag that can be combined with one of our over-cover sleeping bags (that can be wrapped around yours)
- Sleeping mat (width: max. 60 cm)
- (Under)shirts of wool or polyester (ski-shirts)
- 1 pair of thin underpants with long legs (ski-underpants)
- 1 pair of thick underpants with long legs (wool or fleece)
- 2 or 3 shirts or thin sweaters
- 1 thick jumper
- 1 even thicker jumper (wool or fleece)
- 1 pair of trousers
- 4 pairs of socks in different wool thickness
- 1 pair of windbreaker pants
- Windbreaker jacket with hood
- 1 pair of thick windbreaker gloves
- 1 pair of gloves to use when the dogs are being tied to or unfastened from the sledge
- 1 scarf
- 1 pair of really warm boots, like “Sorel Big Horn” (or better), including 2 pairs of thick socks
- 1 pair of jogging shoes to use in the cabin
- 1 or 2 winter-cap(s)
- Sun (ski)glasses with UV filter
- Sun protection with at least SPF 15 (in March) up to SPF 25 (April / May)
- Sharp knife (sheath knife or pocket knife)
- Unbreakable thermos flask (bottle)
- Torch or headlight with extra batteries
- Camera with extra batteries
- An extra pair of glasses for those who use them. The rim should not be of 100% synthetic material, since extremely low temperatures may deter use.
- Earplug for a silent night